Baytril 5% – Bayer – 250ml
Antibacterial and antimicoplasmic solution
Injectable solution (Sol.i.)
Composition: per ml:
Enrofloxacin 50 mg.
Interactions and incompatibilities:
• Antagonistic effects may occur in co-administration with chloramphenicol (dogs),
macrolides or tetracyclines.
• Do not use simultaneously with theophylline as the elimination of theophylline may be delayed.
• Caution is recommended with the concomitant use of flunixin and enrofloxacin in dogs.
Indications and target species:
Pigs: Treatment of respiratory tract infections (Pasteurella multocida, Mycoplasma
spp., Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae), digestive and septicemia, by E.coli.
Calves: Treatment of respiratory tract infections (Pasteurella multocida, Mannhemia
haemolytica, Mycoplasma spp.), digestive and septicemia, by E.coli. Acute Mycoplasma Arthritis
Sheep: Infections of the digestive tract and septicemia, by E.coli. Treatment of mastitis by S.
aureus and E.coli.
Goats: Infections of the respiratory tract by P. multocida and M. haemolytica.
Dogs and Cats: Treatment of infections of the digestive, respiratory and genitourinary tract,
skin infections and wounds. Otitis in dogs: Contraindications
• Do not use in animals with a clinical history of epilepsy or seizures.
• Do not use in young dogs during their growth; that is, in small breeds dogs under
8 months, in large breeds under 12 months and in giants under 18 months.
• Do not use in cats younger than 8 weeks.
• Very rarely mild and transient gastrointestinal upset (diarrhea).
• May produce inflammatory reaction of varying intensity at injection sites that can
persist up to 14 days in calves and 28 days in pigs. Reactions may appear in dogs
temporary premises such as edema.
Pigs: 2.5 mg of enrofloxacin / kg b.w./day (1 ml of Baytril 50 mg / ml solution for injection per 20 kg
p.v. per day), for 3 consecutive days intramuscularly. Administer on the neck at the base of
ear. In infections of the digestive tract, 5 mg enrofloxacin / kg / day for 3 days.
• Do not apply more than 3 ml at the same injection site.
Acute arthritis: 5 mg of enrofloxacin / kg b.w./day. For 5 days.
• Slow intravenous or subcutaneous injection. Do not apply more than 10 ml at the same injection site
Dogs and Cats: 5 mg of enrofloxacin / kg / day by subcutaneous injection for a maximum of 5
• Treatment can be started with enrofloxacin injection and continued with the tablets.
• When using this product, the official recommendations on use should be taken into account.
• Safety during pregnancy and lactation has not been established. Use only according to
benefit / risk assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
• Do not handle the product if there is hypersensitivity to fluoroquinolones.
100 ml bottle.
Distributed from Mexico
22 × 10 × 10 cm